A press release confirmed that the manga is written and illustrated by Satoshi Mizukami, singoku you (Youko Warring States), will be an anime adaptation. According to the statement, the project there will be three arcs in total (fourth issue) that they will adapt the manga as a whole, although it has not been mentioned whether they will be consecutive. In addition it was announced that its premiere is scheduled for January 2024 in Japan and ? WHITE FOX studios will be in charge of animation. The members of the voice and production team were also revealed.
Mizukami started publishing the manga in December 2007 and finished in May 2016 through the magazine. Blade Comic Monthly of the publishing label orchidbefore it became an online magazine titled Comic Blade Magazine Online in 2014, under his own publishing label Blade Comics. Until its completion, the manga has collected seventeen volumes.
Voice was cast
- Ryuhei Kimura as Shinsuke Hyoudou.
- hiroki nanami like Senya.
- Yuki Takada like Tama Youko.
- Soma Saitou as Jinka Yamato.
- Tomoyo Kurosawa like a shakegan.
- good for you like Tsukiko.
- Masahiro Aizawa (Date A Live II, Game Jigoku Shoujo, Hakyuu Houshin Engi) is in charge of directing the anime at the studios WHITE FOX.
- jukki hana (Steins; Gate, No Game No Life, Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai!) is in charge of writing and supervising the scripts.
- you are happy (Compound S, Gochuumon wa Usagi desu ka?, Kunoichi Tsubaki no Mune no Uchi) is in charge of character design and animation direction.
- CALL EVAN (Violet Evergarden, Watashi no Shiawase and Kekkon, Kono Yo no Hate from Koi wo Utau Shoujo YU-NO) is in charge of composing the soundtrack.
Summary of Sengoku Youko
The world is divided into two factions: humans and monsters called katawara. Despite being a katawara, Tama loves humans and vows to protect them from evil, even if it means fighting her own kind. His brother Jinka, however, hates humans, despite being almost one of them. Along with the brothers is a dastardly swordsman named Shinsuke, who wants to learn to be strong.
When the group discovers a plot to experiment on humans and turn them into monsters, they vow to defeat whoever is behind it…even if it means facing an entire army of heroes. The people they will meet, the places they will see and the creatures they will fight against will be legendary.
Fountain: Natalie funny