Vinland Saga is the best of the season according to MyAnimeList
A few weeks ago we shared an article pointing out that the Japanese considered this season to be full of boring anime and clichés, and it seems they were right. Recently, the popular scene MyAnimeList share a list with the best rated series of the season Winter-2023 (January-March)and then we can understand that the first three places are occupied by sequences, with Vinland saga dominant in the first position.
It is the only “new” series included in the top positions of the list The Angel Face Door spoils mea romantic comedy whose story seems to have captivated audiences in the West.
From then on, the list by score was as follows:
- 1.Vinland Saga 2nd Season8.80 rating points.
- 2.Bungou Stray Dogs 4th Season8.59 rating points.
- 3. DanMachi Season 4 Part 28.04 rating points.
- 4. The Angel Next Door Spoils Me Rotten7.91 rating points.
On the other hand, the list by number of followers was as follows:
- 1.Vinland Saga 2nd Seasonmore than 300,000 members.
- 2. Maou Gakuin no Futekigousha 2nd Seasonmore than 238,000 members.
- 3.Tokyo Revengers 2nd Seasonmore than 214,000 members.
- 4. Ijiranaide, Nagatoro-san 2nd Seasonmore than 192,000 members.
This attracted comments such as:
- «DanMachi being the third best series of the season is something that should be discussed more».
- «I’m not going to lie, but Vinland Saga was interesting in the first season, it’s really hard to keep watching the second one.».
- «As it should be! Nothing can match Vinland Saga, although Blue Lock and Boku no Hero Academia had notable episodes».
- «Well, really no competition like that, a lot of rubbish this season».
- «Oh I’ll pretend I’m surprised».
- «Tokyo Revengers fell a bit, they’re not in the arc where everything goes to shit, so it deserves to be there right now».
- «Are there enough relevant leagues to compete?».
Vinland Saga 2 season
After the death of his father and the destruction of his village at the hands of the English raiders, Einar wants to find a peaceful life with his family on their newly built farms. However, fate has other plans: his home is invaded again. Einar watches helplessly as the Danish killers burn his land and kill his family. The invaders capture Einar and take him to Denmark as a slave.
Einar obeys his mother’s last words to survive. He is bought by Ketil, a kind slave owner and landowner who promises that Einar will be able to regain his freedom in exchange for working in the fields. Soon, Einar meets his new partner in the cultivation of the farm: Thorfinn, a disrespectful and sickly slave. As Einar and Thorfinn work together to win their freedom, they are haunted by the sins of the past and the sins of the present. But they carry on, keeping a glimmer of hope, redemption and peace in a world that is only unjust and unrelenting.