The previously announced The tale of the exiles anime adaptation has revealed a trailer, cast and premiere date in January 2023. Ashi Productions will animate the series, which will stream on Crunchyroll. The main cast includes:
- Ayana Taketatsu as Wisteria
- Katsuyuki Konishi as Marbs
- Ryota Osaka as Snow
The staff was also revealed:
- Director: Yasutaka Yamamoto
- Series cast: Kenichi Yamashita
- Screenplay: Kenichi Yamashita, Sayaka Harada, Yasutaka Yamamoto
- Character Design: Mina Osawa
- Monstrous Design: Kanta Suzuki
- Music:Hiroaki Tsutsumi, Kana Hashiguchi
The tale of the exiles(stylized as The tale of the exiles) is based on a manga by Makoto Hoshino. It was serialized in Shogakukan’s Weekly Shonen Sunday from August 2019 to April 2021.Seven Seas Entertainmentlicensed the manga in English and described the plot as:
This is the story of Wisteria, an orphaned girl lost in the darkness, and Marbas, an immortal being who shares her loneliness. The unlikely companions met on a quiet, uneventful night and set out together in search of the light. What begins as a chance encounter on the edge of the late nineteenth-century British Empire soon turns into a full-fledged journey to find their place in the world.
source: Official Twitter
©Makoto Hoshino, Shogakukan / The Tale of the Outcasts Production Committee.