The official site for the new anime adaptation of the manga written and illustrated by Rumiko Takahashi, Urusei Yatsura (Those Abominable Aliens), a new promotional image for the project was released. The press release confirmed that the premiere is scheduled for next October 13 in Japanand it should be remembered that the series has been confirmed with 46 episodes in total, with the first half being broadcast continuously from the date mentioned.
Since its announcement, it has already been reported that “adapted to selected stories from the manga and run for four quarters or a full year“. On the other hand, Takahashi published the original manga in the magazine Weekly Shōnen Sunday from the publisher Shogakukan between September 1978 and February 1987, the work was compiled into thirty-four volumes. The manga inspired a 195-episode anime adaptation released in October 1981, a film series, and a series of OVAs.
Voice was cast
The voice cast will also differ from the original adaptation produced in 1981, as follows:
- Sumire Uesaka as Lum, instead of Fumi Hirano.
- Hiroshi Kamiya as Ataru Moroboshi, instead of Toshio Furukawa.
- Mayo Upper as Shinobu Miyake.
- Mamoru Miyano as Shuutarou Mendou.
- Takagi Wataru like cherries.
- Miyuki Sawashiro like Sakura.
- Hideya Takahashi (JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure: Golden Wind)Y Yasuhiro Kimura (2.43: Seiin Koukou Danshi Volley-bu) will be in charge of directing the series in the studios David’s production.
- Yuuko Kakihara (Hataraku Saibo) is in charge of writing and supervising the scripts.
- Naoyuki Asano (We love you!) is in charge of character design and animation direction.
Summary of Urusei Yatsura
The lascivious Ataru Moroboshi isn’t much to write home about, but his unusual bad luck is sticking out like horns on a foreigner’s head. When Earth is threatened by a fleet of alien invaders known as the Oni, Ataru is chosen to represent humanity in a duel against one of their number. Fortunately for Ataru, the duel is actually a tag match, and his opponent is Lum, the daughter of the leader of the Oni, who puts her personal dignity before victory, as Ataru discovers when he captures the upper part. of Lum’s bikini and, with it, victory.
However, bad luck strikes again when Lum mistakes Ataru’s promise to marry his girlfriend, Shinobu Miyake, for Lum’s desire to marry herself, and decides that she likes the idea. Using her influence as a foreign princess, she moves in with him. Forced to deal with the consequences of his womanizing ways, Ataru must strike a balance between his destructive relationship with Shinobu and keeping Lum happy, flirting with every woman he meets.
font: Funny Natalie