The harassment of the director of Chainsaw Man begins
Within the anime industry fans, the number “1735” seems to be a recent trend, what do you mean? Well, it’s the number of copies sold to Blu-ray/DVD Chain Saw Man in his first week. Some may think “it’s only the first week”, but it always is it is the reference period because the sales in the following weeks are always lower (reserved copies in the first week are also included).
However, in a popular Japanese comment forum reported that the director Ryu Nakayamabecame the leader of the popular series, receiving comments that refer to the number of copies sold at Chain Saw Manand it seems to be He stopped posting on his social networks for a few days. This is not the first time that series is produced by MAP It generates this effect, which may be why the posts made by the study on Twitter do not accept replies.
The latest director was published on January 29, reporting that he had been invited to the Taiwan Comics and Animation Festival, 2023 (maybe the reason he doesn’t post more is because he’s busy), but reviewing the responses we can see the number mentioned above:
Anyway, Japanese commentators also expressed their opinion about this situation:
- «MAPPA will obviously continue with Chainsaw Man, but will the director continue?».
- «The fans should follow the direction of the director and not say anything about it.».
- «Well, he must be busy being selected to direct the second season of Bocchi the Rock!».
- «Anything you say will be criticized, keeping quiet is the right thing to do».
- «It serves as an experience to better develop the anime industry in the next ten years, Chainsaw Man was only lucky to be a guinea pig.».
- «Why didn’t you have high sales? With the money spent, I thought sales would reflect that.».
- « (Responding) “We will change the artist in every end”, but most otakus do not know all those singers. “We’ll promote in Shibuya,” but most otakus don’t go to that crowded place, and the people who pass by, the office workers, don’t watch anime. “Let’s make it like a Japanese movie”, but most otakus hate that format».
- «To be honest, I only knew Maximum The Hormone. In fact, if they were in all eleven episodes, it would be good.».
- «Hurry up and announce a change of director, the current one is too marked».
- «Wow, only 1735».
- «Any post you make from now on will be criticized».
- «The settings were very good, and the battle scenes were sublime. But it seems that the situation did not catch on».
- «I don’t understand the tendency to criticize the director, he wasn’t in charge of everything, was he?».
- « (Responding) The director’s job is more serious than you think. He gives instructions to the animation guys, the sound guys and everyone else. If he wants, he even takes care of the storyboards himself».
- «All you have to do is go to Keiichiro Sato, the director of Bocchi the Rock!. His playing was so successful, but he doesn’t comment on it. That’s what makes a successful person».
- «Well, the anti-fans have started commenting on everything with “1735”. No matter what the post says, the number will be there in the answers».
- «Well, with that in mind, it seems like a relief that they didn’t do the Reze arc. Everyone would be in despair now».
- «You certainly didn’t expect so much backlash from the fans, right?».
- «I thought looking pretty was enough to sell it for thousands. It seems that today’s otakus are already looking more within a series».
- «Even if it was 5,000 it would be suspicious. But 1,700 is very unfortunate, it was not even a more expensive package than usual».
- «Ikuo Geso, who was in charge of the fourth episode, had already said it. “Streaming is not enough to make profits”».
What does the last comment refer to? Well the entertainer Ikuo Gesoco-founder ALBACROWhe answered a question on his social networks just yesterday:
- The number of physical albums sold at the moment is interesting, but do the sales of that item matter?
- I think it is quite important to take the trouble to produce them. They are cheaper to manufacture than many other types of merchandise. If it’s a non-streaming-exclusive title, you won’t get your investment back unless you sell physical discs.