The official site for the new Anime adaptation of the Manga written and illustrated by Rumiko Takahashi, Urusei Yatsura (Lum, the Invader Girl), the first season of the anime was announced to air for two consecutive arcs (quarters) starting in the Fall-2022 (October-December) season. It should be noted that fuji creative corporation The project has previously been listed as having 46 episodes, so the rest will air separately.
The press release also disclosed to Kana Hanazawa as Ran’s new voice.
This series is scheduled to premiere for the season of Autumn-2022 (October-December) in Japan and since its announcement it has already been reported that “it will adapt selected manga stories and will run for four quarters or a full year”. On the other hand, Takahashi published the original manga in the magazine Weekly Shōnen Sunday from the publisher Shogakukan between September 1978 and February 1987, the work was compiled in thirty-four volumes. The manga inspired a 195-episode anime adaptation released in October 1981, a film series, and a series of OVAs.
Voice was cast
The voice cast will also differ from the original adaptation produced in 1981, as follows:
- Sumire Uesaka as Lum, instead of Fumi Hirano.
- Hiroshi Kamiya as Ataru Moroboshi, instead of Toshio Furukawa.
- Mayo Upper as Shinobu Miyake.
- Mamoru Miyano as Shuutarou Mendou.
- Takagi Wataru like cherries.
- Miyuki Sawashiro like Sakura.
- Hideya Takahashi (JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure: Golden Wind)Y Yasuhiro Kimura (2.43: Seiin Koukou Danshi Volley-bu) will be in charge of directing the series in the studios David’s production.
- Yuuko Kakihara (Hataraku Saibo) is in charge of writing and supervising the scripts.
- Naoyuki Asano (We love you!) is in charge of character design and animation direction.
Summary of Urusei Yatsura
Not much is noticed about the lecherous Ataru Moroboshi, but his unusual bad luck is growing like horns on alien heads. When Earth is threatened by a fleet of alien invaders known as the Oni, Ataru is chosen to represent humanity in a duel against one of their number. Fortunately for Ataru, the duel is actually a game of catch, and his opponent is Lum, the daughter of the leader of the Oni, who puts her personal dignity above victory when Ataru removes her upper body from her bikini . by mistake and with it, she wins. However, bad luck strikes again when Lum mistakes Ataru’s promise to marry his girlfriend, Shinobu Miyake, as a desire to marry Lum, and decides that she likes the idea. With her influence as a foreign princess, she moves in with him.
font: Oricon news
©RUMIKO TAKAHASHI / SHOGAKUKAN