On the official site for the incentive Sword Art online announced that the film Sword Art Online: Progressive – Kuraki Yuuyami no Scherzo (Scherzo deep night), the second part of the film project based on the spin-off light novels Sword Art Online: Progressivehaving delayed its release indefinitely due to the ravages of the COVID-19 pandemic in Japan. The tape was to be released on September 10, but the statement did not report a new release date.
A specialized site describes the title as follows: «The fifth floor of Aincrad is an unlit area of ruins and relics. In the beta test, this floor was the scene of many PKs (Player Kills), so Asuna asks Kirito for a “Player vs Player” dueling lesson. Asuna considers Kirito to be a wise and trustworthy person, but she relies on him a lot. For that reason, she will try to be independent from him on this floor little by little.».
Voice was cast
- Yoshitsugu Matsuoka as Kazuto Kirigaya/Kirito.
- Haruka Tomatsu as Asuna Yuuki.
- Shiori Izawa like Argus.
- Ayako Kouno (Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso, Gate: Jietai Kanochi nite, Kaku Tatakaeri) is in charge of directing the feature film at the studios Pictures A-1.
- Kento Toya (Angel Beats!, Boku dake ga Inai Machi, Nanatsu no Taizai: Imashime no Fukkatsu) is in charge of character design and animation direction, and Yasuyuki Kai who is in charge of designing the monsters.
- fifty girls (Kimetsu no Yaiba, Boku dake ga Inai Machi, Fate/Zero) is responsible for the composition of the soundtrack.
Progressive Summary of Sword Art Online
This is a story that goes back to before those names of “Lightning Flash” and “The Black Swordsman” were known. The day Asuna put Yuuki on the NerveGear, she was a third grader who had never been involved in a game. On November 6, 2022, the world’s first VRMMORPG, Sword Art Online, is officially released. But the players, who are thrilled to still be involved, are suddenly trapped inside the game when the Game Master has no chance of finding them out. The Game Master gives them this warning “this may be a game, but it is not something to be played with”.
If a player dies in the game, they also die in real life. Listen to this, the players panic, and chaos reigns. Asuna is one of these players, but even though she doesn’t know the rules of that world yet, she’s on her way to conquer Aincrad, the floating iron castle whose peak is too high to see. As the days go by in this world where death is not far away, she has a fateful encounter. And then say goodbye. Even though she is at the mercy of reality before her eyes, Asuna fights with all her might until someone appears before her: the cold sword, Kirito…
font: Official site
(c) Project 2020 川原礫/KADOKAWA/SAO-P