On the official site for the anime adaptation of the manga written by Kanehito Yamada and illustrated by Tsukasa Abe, Sousou no Frieren (Frieren: Beyond Journey’s End), revealed a new promotional video for the project. The video confirms that again the premiere is scheduled for next September 29 in Japan with a two-hour first episode (also considering commercial breaks).
Theme songs for this project have also been announced, including:
- YOASOBI will play the opening theme song “Yuusha”, and millet the final theme titled “Anytime Anywhere“.
- YOASOBI comment on: “We are big fans of “Sousou no Frieren” and we are honored to be able to participate here with a song. We were very aware of how much of the lonely atmosphere we felt while reading the work, and the emotional movements of Frieren as he was aware of his unknown feelings during his journey, which could be packaged into the music we wrote. We hope you enjoy the opening theme song “Yuusha” along with the anime.».
- millet comment on: “I want to feel you in my heart always and everywhere. I also want to be in your heart. I always needed a commitment because I wanted to be safe, but when I felt you strong in my heart, I realized that I didn’t need a commitment. No matter how many times I am born again, I want to see you. Even if I was born as a flower, I want to bloom next to you. Even if I become a star, I want to turn to your side. I am happier than anything to be able to think of you and sing about you now. I am singing about these feelings. No matter what time of day, no matter where you are, I want to be close to you with this song.».
Moreover, Kanehito Yamada and Tsukasa Abe he started publishing the manga in the magazine Weekly Shōnen Sunday from the publisher shogakukan in April 2020. It was previously reported that the literary franchise has over 7.2 million copies in circulation.
Voice was cast
- Atsumi Tanezaki like Frieren.
- free okamoto, like Himmel.
- Hiroki Touchi like Heiter.
- You Ueda like others.
- Keihiro Saitou (Bocchi the Rock!, Wonder Egg Priority, Boogiepop Wa Warawanai) is in charge of directing the anime at the studios Madhouse.
- tomohiro suzuki (One Punch Man 2, Boogiepop by Warawanai, DOUBLE DECKER! Doug & Kirill) is in charge of writing and supervising the scripts.
- Reiko Nagasawa (Tact Op. Fate, Summertime Rendering, Shika no Ou: Yuna to Yakusoku no Tabi) is in charge of character design and animation direction.
- Call Evan (Violet Evergarden) is in charge of composing the soundtrack.
Summary of Sousou no Frieren
The Demon King has been defeated, and the victorious group of warriors have returned to their respective homes after retiring. The four of them – the magician Frieren, the warrior Himmel, the priest Heiter and the warrior Eisen – look back on their ten-year journey and it’s time to say goodbye. But the passage of time is different for the elves, so Frieren witnesses how his beloved companions slowly die.
Before his death, Heiter succeeds in placing a young apprentice named Fern on Frieren. Driven by the elf’s passion for collecting a large number of magical spells, the two go on a seemingly aimless journey, revisiting the places visited by the old heroes. During his travels, Frieren slowly grapples with his missed opportunities to form deeper bonds with his late comrades.
Fountain: Natalie funny