Ozzy Osbourne has revealed that he will undergo further surgery due to injuries he suffered in previous accidents.
The lead singer and former Black Sabbath frontman suffered a fall in 2019, shedding metal rods fitted after a quad bike accident in 2003. Osbourne also lives with Parkinson’s, having been diagnosed with the disease until early 2020.
Last summer, Sharon, the singer’s wife, confirmed that he was about to undergo a “very important operation” that would “determine the rest of his life.” The procedure was reported to have taken place in June of last year, and Ozzy explained the following month that he was in a “slow recovery process.”
Speaking on a new episode of The Osbournes Podcast, which premiered yesterday (September 12), Ozzy gave another update on his health. He said he is ready for his fourth significant surgery related to his structural damage.
“It’s my lower back… They’re going to give me an epidural soon because what they found is that my neck is destroyed. Under my neck there are two vertebrae where the motorcycle hit me and they separated, there’s nothing they left,” he explained.
“I don’t know that I’m in enough pain right now. I’m in a lot of discomfort.”
The metal icon then confirmed he would undergo a fourth operation, before his daughter Kelly asked him if he was seeking a second opinion. Sharon replied: “[El médico] He said, ‘Look, we don’t know if it’s going to work or not. We are going to get a second and third opinion.’ And that’s what he’s doing now.”
Ozzy continued: “Because of what’s happening now … in my back, the two discs and the muscles in my shoulder have separated from my skeleton, and that’s why I’m leaning forward, because it’s like gravity pulling my head forward.
“When [el médico] I said it, I thought: ‘I’ve walked like this all my life.'”
Sharon added: “I told him [a Ozzy]: ‘Why did you always walk like this?’ And he said, ‘I thought it was great when I was a kid.'”
You can watch the entire conversation starting at the seven minute mark in the video above.
In July, Ozzy reported his health after canceling his headline performance at the Power Trip festival the following month.
“Unfortunately, my body tells me I’m not ready yet [para actuar] and I’m too proud of the first show I’ve done in almost five years to be half-explained,” he wrote in a statement.
The Prince of Darkness also explained that a blood clot filter had recently been removed from one of his arteries.
Sharon and Kelly said last week that Ozzy was “heartbroken” that he had to pull out of Power Trip.
Ozzy Osbourne announced that he was quitting his tour on February 1, putting the ones he had scheduled in Europe and the UK on hold. However, that same month he said that he hoped to return to the stage in the future.
“If I do well today. If the doctor said to me today, ‘Oh, you can go on tour.’ It would take another six months to recover, you know? The only thing that keeps me going is making records. But I can’t do it forever.” “I have to get out there,” he said.