It has been revealed that the release of Chapter 126 of Oshi no Ko is delayed by a month due to the author’s health conditions, akasaka. Chapter 126, which was to be released on August 10, 2023, has been rescheduled for September 14, 2023 in Weekly Young Jump magazine. Despite this temporary setback, fans will not be completely deprived of the updates to the Oshi no Ko manga.
While the main story is on hiatus, illustrator Mengo Yokoyari will publish “Oshi no Ko: Interlude,” a four-chapter series of short stories written by Mengo herself. Below is the release schedule for Oshi no Ko: Interlude:
- Interlude Chapter 1: August 10, 2023.
- Suspension (Oban holidays).
- Interlude Chapter 2: August 24, 2023.
- Interlude Chapter 3: August 31, 2023.
- Interlude Chapter 4: September 7, 2023.
Aka Akasaka released a statement regarding Oshi no Ko’s hiatus, apologizing to fans and thanking Mengo Yokoyari and artist 5milli Nishizawa. for their support to allow the works to take a break:
- «I got sick a while back and after discussing it with the people involved, I took a month off. I apologize for taking a month off. As of this writing, I have fully recovered my health and am ready to deliver as much as I can. I will continue to do my best in the future, and I hope you will be looking forward to the return of the series after the break. I would also like to thank Mengo-sensei and 5milli Nishizawa-sensei for kindly agreeing to let our dramas take a break.».
Oshi no Ko is a manga series written by the creator of the Kaguya-sama: Love is War, akasakaand illustrated by Mengo Yokoyariwho is the author of Kuzu is Honkai. It has been serialized in the Young Jump of the Week of Shueisha from April 2020, with its chapter collected in twelve volumes until July 2023. Anime Oshi no Ko, produced by Kobo dogwhich aired during the season of Spring-2023 (July-September). A second season is confirmed.
Fountain: Official Twitter account