Orville Peck has canceled all his upcoming live performances to protect his mental and physical health.
The masked country singer, who released his new album “Bronco” last year, said he was “absolutely heartbroken” to cancel upcoming dates, which span the rest of 2023.
“Hello everyone,” he began a message to his followers on Instagram yesterday (June 22). “It breaks my heart to share this news, but I have made the extremely difficult decision to postpone all upcoming concerts with immediate effect.
“It was one of the hardest decisions I had to make, but I realized that my mental and physical health does not allow me to offer you the best.”
He added: “My fans mean the world to me and I’m very grateful to everyone who bought a ticket to come and see us play, I don’t take this for granted. Being on stage is my favorite thing in the world .”
“But I have to take this time to recharge my mind and body, so that I can come back stronger and healthier than ever, to be able to do what I have loved for so many years ,” he continued.
“I hope you understand. See you soon and I send you all my love.”
Peck’s second album, “Bronco”, arrived in April 2022. In a four-star review, NME said: “This is a rich landscape: thoroughly modern and proud of its sensibilities. Its emotions but not he himself has always pitied him. Paradoxically, the cowherd cowboy is barking at his soul, unrestrained and best of all.”
“On ‘Bronco,’ Peck shows his identity just as hard as the country-back beat of the album. Let him ride you into the dusty sunset.”
The singer recently performed at Willie Nelson’s 90th birthday party at the Hollywood Bowl alongside Neil Young, Snoop Dogg and Beck.