Legendary tech house DJ Nathan Coles has died aged 52.
According to a Facebook post by his two sons, Fabian and Josh, Coles committed suicide last Sunday (February 12).
“Sadly, Nathan, our father, was dealing with a serious mental health crisis which led to his taking his own life on February 12, 2023, at the age of 52,” they wrote.
“We are still in shock and can’t believe he is really gone. But really, he never will be. Through the hundreds, if not thousands, of lives he touched, he will live on in memory as one of the funniest and kindest people to ever grace this planet. And one of the best fathers Josh, Jack or I could ask for. knowing he’s free from more mental anguish.”
Richard West, or Mr. C, also respected him. He wrote: “The news of the death of my dear friend Nathan Coles was such a shock. RIP brother. Couldn’t have met a nicer man. Nathan and I have known each other for 35 years and hit it off from the moment who we met. , funny, smart, very quick and without a bad bone in his body, Nathan was always the life of the party. His energy was absolutely contagious, making everyone want to be around him.”
More mental health help and advice:
- ‘I feel depressed?’ – Help and advice on mental health and what to do next
- Help Musicians UK – Ongoing mental health help and advice for musicians
- Music Support Organization – Help and support for musicians struggling with alcoholism, addiction or mental health issues
- YOUNG MIND – The voice for youth health and wellness
- CALM – Campaign against poverty
- The Samaritans – Confidential support 24 hours a day