It appears that the manga is written and illustrated by ode tomohito, Komi-san wa, Komyushou Desu (Komi cannot Communicate) is “revived” after a series of somewhat absurd arcs that did not advance the plot in general or the relationship between Tadano and Komi. With the current arc, Tadano’s first love, Kawai Rami, who rejected him in high school with the aim of making Tadano realize that he had to stop being a chuunibyou, is back. (the “eighth grade syndrome”, which describes teenagers with too much imagination, so much so that they confuse it with reality).
In fact, the description of the character has been updated so far, as he writes:
- In his second year of high school, Kawai had a crush on Tadano, but she had to refuse his confession because she thought Tadano would be full of pride and she believed that becoming a chuunibyou was the right path if she said yes.. She turned him down on the excuse that she thought they were embarrassing, leading Tadano to create his current personality. As a result, however, she cried in bed for three days and three nights.
The most important development happened on November 16th, however, the manga took a week off, so there was no new chapter in the November 23rd issue of the magazine. Weekly Shōnen Sunday. So, fans have to wait until November 30 to see how the rivalry between Shouko Komi and Kawai Rami unfolds.
And what competition are we referring to? It turns out that Kawai Rami didn’t expect Tadano to get a girlfriend in high school, because his plan involved them getting back together after high school, with Tadano having corrected his personality, and their relationship blossoming on end. As such, Komi is an obstacle in Kawai’s plans, and seems to be pushing her to end her relationship with Tadano while others keep her “perfect personality”.
In fact, in the latest chapter there was a competition between Kawai and Komi, the former being the winner. This chapter closed with Kawai and Komi in the bathrooms, and the former stated: «I still like Tadano-kun and I won our competition. So now you have to break up with him».
Of course, there is the possibility that Oda will change the scene and say “it was all a hoax”, but fans are already reacting to the intervention of a new character and the fact that it seems that the course is finally:
- «So early in the morning and I’m already pissed off».
- «God bless her, because I can’t».
- «I know Tadano will never break up with Komi».
- «Ah gee, did they replace the author?».
- «Damn, forced character development through rejection, it’s too cruel».
- «If Komi decides for Tadano to break off their relationship just because of this, Tadano should accept it. Why do I say it? Because Komi would be assuming that Kawai deserves more, never mind Tadano’s opinion.».
- «Finally this shit gets interesting».
- «Wow, the painful wait for boring arcs is finally paying off».
- «I knew it, neither of them deserve Tadano if Komi even thinks about the option to finish for a second. As usual, Najimi is the best choice for Tadano. Why do you think Najimi started dressing as a girl in high school after Tadano was rejected in middle school?».
- «I have a feeling that Kawai will ask Yamai to cooperate with her to separate Tadano and Komi. Kawai can simply say to Yamai “Let’s work together to destroy their relationship. I will take care of Tadano and you of Komi. Deal?” and boom, we have two torpedoes full of capacity capable of sinking the Tadano x Komi warship. If Oda-sensei continued that story like this, well, this story is getting interesting.».
- «Stop, we’ve already been through one love triangle, we don’t need another one».
- «The direction it’s taking, it’s so predictable. All this fighting will be pointless for them and in the end it will be Tadano who will push Kawai away. I mean all this time the plot wasn’t developing, Tadano and Komi are going on. But the following, this senseless fight would strengthen their relationship (Tadano X Komi) instead».
- «Why do Komi always have to suffer? First Rumi and now the clown? This author loves to make her suffer. Why does Tadano have no competitors? And Tadano is missing eggs. I should have told her to quit the first moment that clown said she had her instead of Komi. I am sick of Komi alone fighting in this relationship. And people keep calling this ballless asshole “the best man”».
- «I would love for Tadano to finally come to his senses and give Kawai a reason. Komi has to learn to face his opponent and not treat everyone as a potential friend, but Tadano has to be a man sometimes and protect his girlfriend. Also, there is nothing between him and Kawai, only the pain of past memories. This whole series is ridiculous. And needless to say…».
Summary of Komi-san wa, Komyushou desu
It’s Shouko Komi’s first day at Itan Private Institute, and she’s now the school’s Madonna. With her long black hair and her tall, elegant looks, she attracts the attention of anyone who comes across her. However, there is a problem: despite her popularity, Shouko is terrible at communicating with others. Hitohito Tadano is your typical high school boy. With his life motto of “read the story and make sure he stays out of trouble”, he quickly learns that he is the enemy of everyone in his class sitting next to Shouko.
One day, after accidentally dying, Hitohito wakes up to the sound of Shouko’s “meow”. He lies saying he didn’t hear anything, causing Shouko to leave. But before she can escape, Hitohito realizes that Shouko can’t talk to others easily; in fact, he never managed to make a single friend. Hitohito decides to help Shouko in her goal of making a first friend so she can overcome her communication disorder.