With a few weeks to go before the premiere of the franchise-based live-action series Bebop bó in Netflix, the streaming giant has little to do with promoting his next adaptation of the beloved sci – fi anime. So, instead, it's promoting the upcoming live – action adaptation of the world – famous manga One piece. It was first announced almost two years ago, “Any Piece NetflixHe finally announced his main cast, which was presented with t-shirts designed by the original creator of the franchise, Eiichiro Oda.
It's a team composed mostly of relatively new players for such a high – profile project, with Iñaki Godoy like Luffy, Mackenyu (son of the legendary Japanese action star) Chiba Sonny) as Zoro, Emily rudd like nami, Jacob Romero Gibson as Usopp, and Tax Plane like Sanji. Because of the One piece Japan has been very popular in Japan for almost every twenty years that anime and manga were around, Japanese Twitter users had a lot to say about the cast revelation, and it was not all positive:
- «This looks awful».
- «They should use One Piece cast for a live action ad Indeed».
- «This worried me a lot, but if Oda gives his blessing, I will trust him».
- «Do not forget that people from Toriyama trusted the live-action Dragon Ball Evolution».
- «Usopp seems to be getting on my nerves».
- «He doesn't seem to like Mackenyu at all».
- «Right now, this seems possible. At the end of the day, here's just the announcement of the cast, not how they will look in character.».
- «A lot of people are wearing the cast ad because clothes reveal it, but no.».
- «I wasn’t sure about the photos, but in the video, actress Luffy seems to fit the character very well! He is handsome».
- «Nami is beautiful».
One Piece Summary
The “Pirate King” was named Gol D. Roger, the strongest and most famous man to ever launch the Grand Line. Roger's arrest and execution by the World Government has changed worldwide. His last words before his death revealed that there was the largest treasure in the world, the One Piece. It was this revelation that inspired the Great Age of Pirates, men who dreamed of acquiring the One Piece, who promised an unlimited amount of wealth and fame, and perhaps the climax of glory and the title of Pirate King.
Enter Monkey D. Luffy, a 17 – year – old boy who rejects a standard definition of pirate. Apart from the common personality of an evil, hard, toothless pirate who likes villages for fun, Luffy's reason for being a pirate is a surprise – the idea of an exciting adventure that leads him to seduce and, ultimately, to the promised treasure. . Continuing in the footsteps of the hero of their youth, Luffy and his team go through the Grand Line, experiencing mad adventures, confronting dark mysteries, and fighting strong foes, all for the most lucky. to achieve them: the One Piece.
© 尾 田 栄 一郎 (著) / SHUEISHA 集 英 社