As we have already mentioned in previous articles, when someone i Japan reports a crime, the police of the prefecture in question issue bulletins describing the facts and the matter sought, hoping that a citizen will offer information that will facilitate their arrest. On this occasion, the Shizuoka Prefectural Police Department issued a bulletin that they are looking for an adult pervert.
According to the chronicle of events, the man was in his 30s wearing a black sweatshirt and black sports pants, when on November 28, at 6:20 pm (Japan time), a schoolgirl went on her way home and passed out: «Could you give me the socks you are wearing now?».
Of course, the market for used underwear in Japan is a reality, including everything from bras, panties, socks and even masks, but nobody would think of asking for the product for free, let alone a schoolgirl in the middle of the street. Naturally, the report made its way to comment boards in Japan, where it prompted comments such as:
- «I think that’s better than stealing his money».
- «Wow, this is an old perversion, but a chivalrous one».
- «Hmm, I think I’d think twice if they asked me that.».
- «This is safe, right? I don’t think it’s as bad as it seems».
- «Not having an extra pair of socks is an insult to your chivalry».
- «Don’t steal them, buy them».
- «I wonder if he chose her for some reason, maybe he smelled her?».
- «It doesn’t look like a perversion to me. And even if he was, he seems to be a gentleman too.».
- «Is that the right level of crazy?».