A 28-year-old man was arrested for indecently assaulting a female high school student on board a JR Saikyo Line train in Japan, chasing her for 300 meters later and threatening her, saying “it was useless to run away“. Toshiya Ichikawa, 28 years oldpart-time worker from Asaka City, Saitama Prefecture, is suspected of committing an indecent act by removing a high school student’s skirt and touching her lower body for more than 10 minutes on a JR Saikyo Line train traveling in Tokyo in June this year.
According to the Metropolitan Police Department, the high school girl got out at Akabane station and ran away, but Ichikawa chased her for 300 meters to the station street, where he allegedly threatened her, telling her it was useless to be running away from. He was arrested as a result of an investigation of security cameras and other evidence, and admitted under questioning “he could not control his desire“.
Naturally, the note found its way to comment forums in Japan, where it prompted comments such as:
- «It’s unbelievable that I interrupted her for ten minutes and she didn’t say anything. It’s a joke?».
- «He seems to watch too much h_ntai anime».
- «28 years old with a part time job? fail too much in life».
- «I wonder what his plan was after the girl was born?».
- «28 years old with a part time job? Instead he wanted to escape from his sad reality».
- «I don’t understand the need to group a girl. What is the point?».