Metropolitan Police Department i Japan reported on 25 February A 41-year-old man, an employee of a video game development company, was arrested on charges of sexually assaulting a woman he knew.
According to a report from the Takenotsuka Police Station, On January 3, the man entered the women’s section in his 20sbased in Tokyo, and added: “How much money do you think I invested in you?” and “I will destroy your life, your family and your boyfriend“, and then continue to threaten and sexually assault the woman. The subject denied the allegations, as he said: “I did not threaten her or attack her in any way.”
Regarding the strange words allegedly uttered by the subject, It turns out that the woman attacked was working as a Virtual YouTuber (VTuber), and the man attacked not only his followers, but his “manager”that is, the person in charge of the production of your video activities and the management of your schedules, functions that you have done since April of last year.
The police are investigating this as a “rebound crime”, since the testimonies indicate that the man lost his temper when he found out that his VTuber friend got a boyfriend. On the other hand, the woman has already filed the corresponding lawsuit in court.
Naturally, this situation did not go unnoticed on Japanese traffic forums, highlighting comments such as:
- «Well, it seems that the man was not interested in his appearance.».
- «Why would the manager know the address where the person behind the VTuber lived?».
- «I bet he felt like he owned her, like he had another motivation to touch her and run his schedule or something. It is disgusting».
- «That’s why I prefer to stay away and not donate a single yen to internet girls».
- «It’s unfortunate to fall in love with a VTuber at 40 years old».
- «Both fans and VTubers must be careful not to reveal their locations.».
- «They say he’s an employee of a game developer, but which one is he?».
- «It’s getting harder and harder to say you’re a fan of VTubers without feeling embarrassed.».