This morning, the fourth generation member of the popular idol group lonely46, Seira HayakawaSocial networks shook with a statement announcing his resignation from the group and his final retirement from the entertainment industry. Although the news of the idol’s retirement is not something out of the ordinary, the circumstances surrounding Hayakawa’s statement led fans to believe that it was not really her decision.but he was forced to do so.
The idol shared the following statement through his official media:
- Good morning, this is Seira Hayakawa from Nogizaka46, I passed the test at the age of 17 and my first step with Nogizaka46 was, with great regret, at the Nippon Budokan. The glow sticks looked like waves on a very wide ocean, and I remember being excited by that unreal world, but at the same time confused about what kind of place I had come from. That was the beginning of my story.
- I was always studying classical ballet and children’s operas, and I loved being bathed in a wonderful light and expressing myself to the people in front of me. I did not want to miss out on the opportunity that was being given to me, an opportunity that I would not normally be able to experience. “I am here by choice,” he thought.
- I was not confident enough to believe it, but the day I saw the glowing landscape, I made up my mind to try to believe it. It’s strange to say it myself, but I’ve always had a serious personality. I felt overwhelmed by a sense of responsibility and nervousness every day, and I had to push myself every day.
- When I look back on those days objectively, I feel like I was just an immature and giggly 18 year old. I was never the ideal idol you imagined in your dreams. I only laughed, I cried when I cried, I got angry when I was angry and it hurt when I hurt. There were times when I felt my physical strength was at its limit. The loneliness that grows day by day, not knowing what tomorrow will bring us.
- The feeling of being stuck in the heart with a needle every time I compete every day. The bright blue sky minus. The night I sent my kind mother crying. That day when everything was so bright that I didn’t know where I was going or what was happening. The world that shone as cruelly as tears. If I hadn’t started that day, I wouldn’t have suffered so much.
- (Omitted) I, Seira Hayakawa, graduated from Nogizaka46 and retired from show business. I’d be lying if I said I didn’t regret it. My best friends, my cute and adorable kouhai, and my dear, precious and irreplaceable fans. How can I not regret it? If I had not started that day, I would never have seen such beautiful scenery. What a feeling. There are so many things that I think about.
- My life in show business as “Nogizaka46’s Seira Hayakawa” will end soon. However, I believe that life is a series of short stories like this that make up the book “I”. So I want to continue progressing in the pages of my life called “I”. There may be more and more difficulties. But even that makes me excited because I’ve learned that there are great things ahead of me that I can overcome. That is why I am able to graduate from the first chapter of my long life with a sense of accomplishment.
As previously mentioned, News of an idol’s retirement is not unusual in the industry, but something happened just a few days ago that has fans sure wondering if Seira Hayakawa really made the decision to retire. Or if she was forced to do it.
In the middle of last May, during the broadcast of the radio program “Rajira! Sunday”, Seira Hayakawa criticized that SEIGO, the concert production manager, was too unpleasant to work with, since he liked to insult and treat idol girls badly.
With lines like “You’re pretty ugly” or “You should die”, this guy tormented the girls through headphones, or directly in person. Seira Hayakawa even said that this director came to blame her for the accident that happened to her Sayaka Kakehashi last year, where he fell down some stairs and had to be away for a few weeks.
These statements did not go unnoticed, and fans immediately began to protest against this director, pointing out that the recent step of Momoko Ozono could also be the cause. In the end, Nogizaka46’s production staff announced the immediate dismissal of SEIGO as production manager, saying that he made this decision himself after the staff confirmed the allegations of misconduct.
Importantly, it has not yet been officially confirmed that Seira Hayakawa’s exit is directly related to her allegation of verbal abuse. The idol has not yet released a further statement on the reasons behind her decision. It is essential to respect her privacy and allow her the space she needs to take the time she needs during this transition in her life.
During her time at Nogizaka46, Seira Hayakawa has left an indelible mark on the hearts of fans with her talent and dedication. Your courage in speaking out about abuse and your contribution to the entertainment industry will be remembered. As fans of Seira Hayakawa try to make sense of recent events, the wider community hopes that this case will promote positive change and greater awareness of the importance of a safe and respectful environment for all artists.