Twitter user”オスカー (@osukar1881)” trended in comment forums after it was revealed that his sister had damaged his favorite wallpaper Gotoubun no Hanayome (The Quintessential Quintuplets). According to her report, her sister tried to attack her grandmother and she defended her, which is why she “retaliated” by damaging her belongings.
- Yesterday my sister cut my favorite wallpaper with a cutter. This wallpaper won in the Gotoubun no Hanayome lottery and is not for sale. In fact, they are no longer available. I haven’t done anything wrong, and all I can think about is protecting my grandmother from my sister. What would I do? We can’t even stay in the same house.
Numerous opinions arose in this regard, as follows:
- «This is how family murders happen».
- «If you get hit, you hit back. Don’t you have balls?».
- «He cut it out because he knows it’s something you care about».
- «This is terrible».
- «Wow, now there are ten sisters in the diagram».
- «It’s sad that they are family and can’t complain in person, but they can on Twitter».
- «How did you get a clean cut without starting with either side?».
- «Why don’t you leave the house? That would solve all the family problems».
- «Wow, I want to have a sister…»
- «Why not do the same with your sister’s prized possessions and leave the house? Or maybe if you protected your grandmother from your sister, then tell the police.».
- «That’s how women do it all the time. Because they can’t win in a fist fight».
- «You have to be careful with women, they can take it out on things. My sister hit me with her motorcycle, so I ripped her clothes and she took it out on me by trashing my room.
Summary of Gotoubun no Hanayome
Fuutarou Uesugi is an excellent high school student, but he lives a difficult life. His aloof personality and lonely nature have left him friendless, and his father is in debt, forcing his family to struggle to survive. One day, during his lunch break, Uesugi gets into an argument with a transfer student who demanded “his seat,” causing the two to dislike each other. On the same day, he is given a golden opportunity to pay off his family’s debt: a private tutoring job for the daughter of a wealthy family, with a salary five times the market rate. He accepts the proposal, but is horrified to discover that the client, Itsuki Nakano, is the girl he confronted earlier!
After unsuccessfully trying to get Itsuki’s approval, Uesugi discovers that his problems don’t end there: Itsuki is actually a quintuplet, so in addition, he has to tutor his sisters: Miku, Yotsuba, Nino, and Ichika. “Despite the real threat of failure, they have nothing to do with a tutor. However, his family’s livelihood is in danger, so Uesugi continues, steadfast in his determination to rid the sisters of their hatred of studying and lead them successfully to a degree.