During the event Anime Expo 2023 A new promotional video for the anime adaptation of the manga has been revealed. naoki urasawa, pluto. The press release confirmed that the premiere is scheduled for October 26 in the global catalog of the Netflix platformand the leaks suggest that it will last for eight episodes of one hour each.
To celebrate the fiftieth anniversary of the famous work of Conradh na Gaeilge osamu tezuka, Adam Tetsuwan (Astro Boy), the seinen author naoki urasawa collaborated with Tezuka Productions to create this dark adaptation of Atom’s story arc, “The biggest robot in the world“.
The adaptation shifts the focus from Tezuka’s main character, Atom, to his supporting character, Gesicht, to better ground the story in realism and portray modern life through this sci-fi tale. The manga was published through the magazine Original Big Comic game from the publisher shogakukan between 2003 and 2009, compiling the story into a total of eight volumes.
Voice was cast
- fuji shinshuu from Gesicht.
- You Hikasa like Adam.
- Suzuki Elite like Uranus.
- hiroki yasumoto like Mont Blanc.
- Kuichi Yamadera as North No.2.
- Hidenobu Kiuchi like Brando.
- Rikiya Koyama like Hercules.
- Toshiba Kawaguchi (Kurenai no Buta, Mokke) is in charge of directing the anime at Studio M2.
- Fujita Shigeru (Koukyoushihen Eureka Seven, Akagami no Shirayuki-hime, MONSTER) is in charge of character design and animation direction.
- Yuugo Kanno (SEICCHO-PAS, Fugou Keiji: Balance: NO LIMIT, Grancrest Senki) is in charge of composing the soundtrack.
Summary of Pluto
The world famous Swiss robot Montblanc has been violently murdered. People and robots around the world are mourning the legendary man, who rose to fame for his service in the 39th War in Asia. Montblanc’s popularity only increased in the post-war years, thanks to his commitment to nature conservation as well as his loving personality.
Robot detective Europol and war veteran Gesicht are sent to investigate the tragic disappearance of Montblanc. Gesicht discovers evidence of a mysterious entity called “Pluto.” In addition to this, he learns about a plot to dismantle the eight specialized robots from around the world that took part in the war. In a race against time to save those who remain, Gesicht confronts his memory, his morality and a world full of hate, as he desperately tries to protect the fragile coexistence of man and machine.
Fountain: Official site