A new episode aired this weekend for the popular anime adaptation Zom 100: The Dead Bucket List, although this was promised as a “big surprise.” It turns out that the production had announced that six members of it Franchouchouthe idol group of the franchise Zombie land sagathey would appear in this episode as guests. However, the collaboration was so disappointing that it became a trend.
It turns out that the cameo was not from the characters themselves, but simply the voice actresses who made grunts some zombies. Yes, that was the whole collaboration. This took fans who were expecting, at least, the characters themselves to appear on screen by surprise. This collaboration surprised even the Japanese, as the show kept the details a secret until the program finished airing.
After it was revealed that the cameo was just a blurb from the voice actors, the Japanese quickly released comments such as:
- «Hey? So where are all the people from Zombieland Saga?».
- «Well, I didn’t recognize any of Franchouchou’s voices, isn’t this a false ad?».
- «They should let the girls talk properly, or at least let us see their designs properly».
- «And where the hell were they? What kind of joke is this?».
- «Franchouchou’s characters were ignored. It seems disrespectful to the audience to make this kind of antics».
- «We don’t all come together to see the Franchouchou girls, which is a joke on the part of the production».
- «I didn’t recognize any of the jerks. In fact, anyone could start grunting and the production started saying that she was “a popular voice actress”. What a stupid thing».
- «Well, I think at the end there’s a short scene where Sakura appears, and she’s even pulling the same truck that ended her life.».
However, with this “collaboration” it seems that Zom 100: Bucket List of the Dead knew how to make fans not go to see another feature that he highlighted in another episode. From the second episode, SHAFT studios was cooperating to some extent in the production of new episodes, appearing in the credits together with BUG FILMS, the main studio. This no longer happened with the sixth episode, as SHAFT was no longer listed in the credits, indicating that they are no longer assisting with this adaptation.
So, the case of Zom 100: Bucket List of the Dead is unique. FILMS studios derided OLM studios as a “horrible place to work”, and FILMS just had a lousy production schedule that is currently straining their own employees. The fact that SHAFT stopped getting their hands on them would indicate that there were even bigger problems, as some people think that if the series had not been suspended indefinitely until now, it was due to the support of the second studio this. What will happen from now on with this project?
The series has been broadcast since July 9 in Japan and has been confirmed with a total of twelve episodes, and the services crunchyroll, hula and Netflix they take care of its distribution in the West. For her, Haro Aso and Kotarō Takata they started publishing the manga through the magazine Sunday GX from the publisher shogakukan in October 2018.
Here is the broadcast schedule for the next few episodes, although it is still subject to change:
- September 3: Episode 7.
- September, 10th: Suspension.
- September 17th: Episode 8.
- 24 September: Episode 9.
- 1 October onwards: To confirm.
- Kazuki Kawagoe (Komi-san wa, Komyushou desu., Ikebukuro West Gate Park) is in charge of directing the anime at the studios GOOD FILMSwith the assistance of sanaco ueda.
- Hiroshi Seko (Jujutsu Kaisen, Shingeki or Kyojin: The Final Season, Darling in the Franxx) is in charge of writing and supervising the scripts.
- Kii Tanaka (Kumo desu ga, Nani ka?, Absolute Duo, Hitoribocchi no Marumaru Seikatsu) is in charge of character design, and Junpei Fukuchi He is in charge of designing the zombies.
- makoto miyazaki (One Punch Man, Spy × FAMILY, Gone Fairy) is in charge of composing the soundtrack.
Summary of Zom 100: The Dead Bucket List
In an apartment full of trash, 24-year-old Akira Tendou watches a zombie movie with lifeless eyes and envy. After spending three hard years in a sweatshop in Japan, his spirit is broken. He doesn’t even have the courage to confess his feelings to Ohtori, his beautiful co-worker. Then, one morning, he bumps into his landlord at lunchtime – who happens to be another tenant! The entire city is filled with zombies, and even though he’s been running for his life, Akira has never felt so alive.