For several years now, the United States has been a perfect example of a modern society on issues of racism. Introduction of the movementBlack Lives Matter“He posed positive questions for the handsome community in that country, although industries also benefited from the initial objective and wanted to turn it into a business of its kind:”Just as we support handsome people, you support us“. That's why the English-speaking online community coined the term “blackwashing“, Which consists of color people playing white characters.
The IS “blackwashing“It wouldn’t make any sense in the anime industry, right? Well, some of the American public does not seem to agree, as it could be said that “they overreacted”Both positive and negative on that learning Kimberly Anne Campbell, a person of colors, who was to play Hayase Nagatoro in the English dub of the anime Ijiranaide, Nagatoro-san (Don't Toy With Me, Miss Nagatoro).
How to “overreacting positively“With this? The answer is simple:”supposed representation“. Apparently many people still believe that Hayase Nagatoro is a handsome person (when both the manga and the anime are there, there is complete evidence that she is just tanned from her outdoor activities), That's why they confirmed that this option was for a dubbing actor “sample illustration“. That is, a colored person playing a color character, “as always“, They declare. On the other hand, the “negative overreaction“comes from the same ilk, people who believe this”supposed representation”Expressed their criticism of:
- «Because I know they're going to ask the voice actor. No, Nagatoro is not a handsome person, she is just tanned. Its tan lines are even shown in the first program. But for those who need visual evidence, just watch the beach episode.».
- «People can only help being openly racist in the comments and tweets mentioned. A sure example of what this community “really” is».
- «Finally a color vocal actor will play a color character».
- «I love that there are people who don't shit about dubbing nowadays, but when they find out that a handsome person is taking part, they immediately immediately give up the devil.».
- «I’m so glad Nagatoro is now a canonical black! she really stands for me».
- «“Nagatoro is not black”, of course, and all those white supremacists are Japanese but no one complains that white people tell them. Either way, congratulations Kimberly!».
- «Oh no, Crunchyroll promoting “Ni * ggatoro”…».
- «So there is no problem with a white person playing Senpai (Japanese), but the topics are up as Nagatoro is played by a handsome person. Racism is obvious in the anime community».
Nanashi, on the other hand, publishes the manga through the service Poca Iris from the publisher Kodansha from November 2017. Studio-produced animated adaptation Telecom animated film, led Hirokazu Hanai (Kami no Tou, Saredo Tsumibito wa Ryuu go Odoru, Tantei Kageki Bó Finne Holmes TD) and scripts written by Taku Kishimoto (Boku dake en Inai Machi, Fruit Baskets (2019), Fugou Keiji: Balance: Unlimited) broadcast during the Spring-2021 (April-June) season in Japan. Second season production is confirmed.
Summary of Ijiranaide, Nagatoro-san
High school student Hayase Nagatoro loves to spend her free time doing one thing, and that's making fun of Senpai! After Nagatoro and his friends contradict the drawings of the talented artist, they enjoy teasing the shy Senpai without mercy. Nagatoro decides to continue his cruel game and visits him every day so that he can force Senpai to do whatever he is interested in at the time, especially if it makes him uncomfortable.
With little interest in and fear of Nagatoro, Senpai is always caught up in his lore because his interests, hobbies, appearance, and even his personality are used against him while entertaining at his own expense. As time goes on, Senpai realizes that he dislikes Nagatoro's presence, and the two develop an uneasy friendship as one patiently puts up with the other's lore.
Fountain: Official Twitter account
© ナ ナ シ (著) / 講 談 社