the portal of Japan HOMINIS He shared an interview with the voice actor Guest Warabout his portrayal of the character Kaguya Shinomiya within the franchise Kaguya-sama: Love is Warspecifically in the film Kaguya-sama: The First Kiss Never Ends. In the third season, his character and Miyuki ShiroganAnother protagonist, finally kissed and consolidated their relationship, but what’s next?
- Please tell us your thoughts about “Kaguya-sama: The First Kiss Never Ends” and its release in theaters in Japan.
- The third season had a really good conclusion story-wise, and I thought the show would end there. Narrator Yutaka Aoyama stated in the last episode, “There’s still more to come, there’s more to come!” but the sound director told me, “It’s over, so please follow the script one last time.” Then I thought: “Oh, well, it looks like it’s the end.” But then they told me: “We will do the sequel, don’t worry”, and I was very happy. I will still be able to watch the sequel, I will still have fun with the story of Kaguya and her friends, I thought. And when I heard that it was going to be a theatrical film, I couldn’t be happier.
- How was the challenge of recording an animated film?
- I have received many happy messages from fans who have supported me. When the third season finished airing, I received many compliments saying, “I’m so happy that you played Kaguya, Koga-san,” which made me very happy. I felt happy to be involved in this project, and at the same time, I could feel from the reactions that the fans have a lot of trust in us cast members, which made me happy and at the same time made the -reward me. Since they trust me, I felt a strong sense of responsibility, or a strong desire not to let them down.
- In the new movie there is a cold-hearted character named “Ice Kaguya”, what do you think is the appeal of this version of Kaguya?
- In the anime, from the beginning, the focus is on the current Kaguya, but in the monologues of the past, there was a rather ruthless feeling, or part of it was very much like “I will decide who to associate with based on. who is good with myself.” Is it useful or not”, and I think we probably got a glimpse of the Ice Kaguya. But I think it was after meeting all the student council members that I became a normal Kaguya.
- Until then, it was more about being ruthless, and I think that’s basically what Kaguya is about, because the current Kaguya is directly descended from the Ice Kaguya, which was originally. At first glance, she’s just ruthless, but there’s actually a good reason.
- I think those who follow the anime will discover the appeal of the Ice Kaguya through this new work, and fans of the original work are looking forward to seeing how this version of the main character will appear. Not only is it cold, but it shows what is in the heart of the Ice Kaguya, and I think if people could see that, more people would love this version. Please cherish her, I think immediately.
- There are many interesting characters in “Kaguya-sama: Love is War”, but which character do you like the most?
- Kaguya is my first choice, partly because I play her, but if not Kaguya, then the president. I really respect him. Of course, he worked hard and pushed himself, while Kaguya is able to do everything smoothly. Not only is the president inept at athletics, but he’s also a bad singer, and he’s put a lot of effort into his studies and is still one of the best students.
- I think that there is a genius who can really work hard, or the power and energy to try to be by Kaguya’s side, which normal people would never be able to do. I think it’s that kind of attitude that makes the president great, and I think that’s irreplaceable. That is very important to me.
The film Kaguya-sama: The First Kiss Never Ends It opened in theaters in Japan on December 17th, and there will be a TV special soon. There is no confirmation yet if there will be screenings in theaters in Latin America.
Fountain: Hominis Media
© SKY Perfect JSAT Corporation.