The official site for the Anime adaptation of the Manga written and illustrated by Hotondo Shindeiru, Isekai Ojisan (Uncle from Another Life), it was announced that the broadcast of the eighth episode, scheduled for next September 7, will be postponed indefinitely due to an outbreak of COVID-19 within the studios Atelier Pontdarc.
As a result, the series will be rebroadcasting previous episodes in Japan in the coming weeks, so it is certain that there will be no new episodes of the anime on the following dates:
- 7 September – Episode 3.
- September 14 – Episode 4.
- 21 September – Episode 5.
- September 28 – Episode 6.
Once again, the international broadcast through the platform Netflix It will also go on an indefinite hiatus after the seventh episode airs, resuming two weeks after the eighth episode airs in Japan, undated. On the other hand, the series has been airing since July 6 and has been confirmed with a total of thirteen episodes. Hotondo Shindeiru publish the manga through the service comic from the publisher Kadokawa since June 2018, having been published for a while independently through Twitter Y pixiv.
- Shigeki Kawai is in charge of directing the anime in the studios Atelier Pontdarc (founded by Tsunaki Yoshikawa, one of the White Fox producers who left the company this year).
- Kenta Ihara (Death Parade, Vinland Saga, Zankyou no Terror) is in charge of writing and supervising the scripts.
- Kazuhiro Oota (Kimi or Iru Machi, Negima!?, Paniponi Dash!) is in charge of character design and animation direction.
Summary of Isekai Ojisan
Autumn 2017. The nephew, Takafumi, went to the hospital to visit his uncle, who had just come out of a seventeen-year-old coma. However, it seems that he has lost his mind, as he claims that he was in another world called “Great Bahamar” during all this time, and even seems to speak a strange language. But everything changes when his uncle, an ordinary man, shows him that he learned to use magic in the other world. So, when Takafumi realizes that the magic his uncle uses is completely real, he suggests that he use his skills to become a successful YouTuber. Now taking care of him, Takafumi and his uncle begin to participate in the streaming world, and his uncle occasionally tells him about his life in the afterlife.
font: Official site