Music

Aaron Carter’s manager calls memoir and album release a ‘ruthless cash joke’

The late Aaron Carter’s manager has called the publication of the singer’s upcoming unfinished memoir a “ruthless money grab”.

Carter’s representatives confirmed his death on Saturday (November 5) shortly after news broke that he had been found dead at his California home. He was reportedly found unresponsive in his bathtub by his housekeeper shortly after 11 a.m. when police received a call from him.

This week, it was then revealed that Carter was working on a memoir before his death, entitled (My Father’s Son): Aaron Carter: An Incomplete Story Of An Incomplete Life. The book, made up of three years of interviews between Carter and author Andy Symonds, is due out next week (November 15).

Two days after the singer’s death, a posthumous album titled ‘Blacklisted’ was also released. Producers Morgan Matthews and John Wyatt Johnson said: “We have decided to release ‘Blacklist’ tomorrow to honor him and share his exceptional art with his fans around the world as we mourn his loss”: “Yes we have decided to release ‘Blacklist’ tomorrow. to honor and share his outstanding art with his fans around the world as we all mourn his loss.”

In a statement, Taylor Helgeson of Big Umbrella Management criticized the release and thanked Carter’s ex-girlfriend Hilary Duff for her criticism of the project.

“It is truly sad that a week after Aaron’s death, there is a publisher who seems to be recklessly pushing a book to capitalize on this tragedy without taking the time or care to validate check out his work,” Duff said (via Billboard) .

Helgeson added: “In the days following our dear friend’s death, we have tried to grieve and process, while dealing with obscene unauthorized releases, including an album, a single and now apparently a book.

“This is a time of mourning and reflection, not a ruthless pursuit of money and attention. We ask those responsible to remove the aforementioned material and not to publish any additional material without the permission of your family, friends and associates .”

Since the news of Carter’s death broke, tributes have poured in from all over the music industry and beyond, including New Kids On The Block, Diane Warren, Melissa Joan Hart and others, with condolences and memories one of them on Carter.

His brother and Backstreet Boys member Nick Carter also shared his own tribute, writing, “Sometimes we want to blame someone or something for a loss, but the truth is addiction and mental illness are the real villain here.”

The Backstreet Boys also paid tribute to the late singer during a recent concert at London’s O2 Arena. During the concert, the band made a video in memory of the singer during their performance of ‘No Place’. Footage from the concert, which was part of the band’s tour in support of their 2019 album “DNA”, shows singer Kevin Richardson discussing Carter’s death with the public.

!function(f,b,e,v,n,t,s)
{if(f.fbq)return;n=f.fbq=function(){n.callMethod?
n.callMethod.apply(n,arguments):n.queue.push(arguments)};
if(!f._fbq)f._fbq=n;n.push=n;n.loaded=!0;n.version=’2.0′;
n.queue=[];t=b.createElement(e);t.async=!0;
t.src=v;s=b.getElementsByTagName(e)[0];
s.parentNode.insertBefore(t,s)}(window, document,’script’,
‘https://connect.facebook.net/en_US/fbevents.js’);
fbq(‘init’, ‘440680384427371’);
fbq(‘track’, ‘PageView’);

Dan

I am Dan/ Anime/ K-pop/ ARMY/ Stay

Related Articles

Back to top button