In comment forums in Japan, a post by Twitter user “@m_hariqmaharita“, who describes herself as a mother with an underage son. The woman complained about the fact that her son’s friends are watching Chain Saw Mandespite being a series rated only for teenagers over the age of 16.
Write her post:
- It seems that some of my son’s classmates are watching “Chinsaw Man” (anime). It seems to be the same as what happened with “Kimetsu no Yaiba”. I want to keep my distance from families that let me watch 16+ rated cartoons with impunity.
- “Chinsaw Man” is a series rated 16+. Not only is there a lot of brutality, but it is the female body that motivates the protagonist to fight. I hate that kind of stuff. Please don’t come here and say, “If you don’t let your kids watch those cartoons, they’ll be repressed adults in the future.” That has nothing to do with it.
Of course, this did not go unnoticed on comment boards in Japan, prompting comments such as:
- «You would be surprised if you saw it, it is erotic and grotesque».
- «Hell, primary school kids should be watching Anpanman».
- «Well, let them watch Renai Flops, that’s how men are made».
- «Your son will be a wonderful boy in the future. Letting him watch adult series won’t ruin his life».
- «Well, I know how it is. They used to ban me from reading Shonen Jump».
- «There is a difference between “show” and “watch”. Demonize these types of actions only the series».
- «And what the hell? I don’t give a shit about your family, destroy it».
- «It’s not very different from Fist of the North Star or Dragon Ball, and kids can see that».
- «The episodes are really great. But what would a child do awake at midnight? Rather, it is the one who fails you as a mother».
- «Kids should be watching Bocchi the Rock!».
- «Well, maybe the kids should be watching SPY x FAMILY.».
- «Wow, it seems bad for them, and what about all the kids who went to see Kimetsu no Yaiba? Mothers want their children to see someone like Tanjiro. Maybe that’s why if they make a Chainsaw Man movie, it won’t be as successful.».
- «The ratings are rubbish, Kimetsu no Yaiba is full of dismantling, with children watching».
Summary for Chain Saw Man
The story takes place in a world where Demons threaten the peace of the people, making them targets for elimination. Denji is a depressed young man who sold some of his organs and works as a lumberjack and devil hunter to pay his late father’s debts. Denji (who is also a demon) has a dog named Pochita, who has a chainsaw and uses it to do his work.
This is explained by the fact that humans can make contracts with demons. After returning home from a job, Yakuza asks Denji to infiltrate a building and kill another demon. However, the plan to assassinate him turned out to be a trap as part of the Yakuza’s deal with the devil, which gained them more power. But Pochita comes to Denji’s aid and bonds with him, becoming half-man, half-demon and possessing Pochita’s chainsaw.